Yeah, I know these things happen, and maybe I’m more sensitive to it now given my situation, but it feels like we’ve had quite a (bad) run of this lately.
Since being laid-off on December 5, 2008:
- Computer fix for college student: $600
- Car radiator/brakes: $1,200
- Leaky roof threatening collapse of garage: $1,500
- Water heater/plumbing: $3,800
- Dry cleaner lost suit jacket: $950 – not yet replaced
- Leaky window replacement: $2,000
- Ice damming damage repair: $400
- Furnace blower: $400
- New tire of new car after capturing a nail in the sidewall: $300
- Replace broken fence gate: $900
- Dead laptop: $TBD — not replaced yet
- Upgrades to existing substitute computer rather than buying new one: $300
- Computer tech cost to capture files etc. on dead laptop: $200
- Lost iPod: $250
- New car sideswiped by construction vehicle in front of our own house: $250 deductible, not including hassle factor of dealing with my insurance company, the Village, the State and the Construction company
- Death of second cheap vaccum cleaner: $400 Dyson. This really sucks.
Please don’t add this up. It hurts just thinking about it.
One can only hope that this is the last of it, but probably not. To be continued (?)